Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stop 2: Firenze

Many claim that once you stop in Florence, it takes a piece of your heart forever. I very much agree with this, as it was my (and many of my group's) favorite spot. Definitely the most "livable" city of the three that we visited. Our hotel was clean, quaint, and right on the corner of the largest flea market in town.


The local fare included beautiful leather purses and bags, and pashminas (a large wrap/shawl) in every color and pattern that you could wish for! They were 2 for 8 or 10 euro - which is still a great deal. We could barely zip our suitcases home we bought so many!! After checking into our hotel, we went on a miniature wine tour. This was another group activity we purchased in advance (thank you Ashley!) and we met our bus/tourguide right in the center of the city. We drove about 30-45 minutes outside of town to a stunning private castle/winery.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at this little round table over looking the rolling green hills of Tuscany. If I close my eyes I can still feel the cool breeze traveling through the valley. This was my favorite corner of all of Italy. We could have sat there sipping red wine forever - and we almost did - since the tour guide couldn't find us all almost left us behind! I wouldn't have minded...

No comments:

Post a Comment