Friday, August 27, 2010

Kelly Green + Dining Room Inspiration

While talking to my Mom on the phone the other day, she says "I think I am going to buy this tank for your sister, it's that super ugly green color that she likes." I had to laugh. I LOVE that color! I have actually been contemplating painting a few furniture pieces that ugly kelly green color... what do you think?

This piece was featured in this month's edition of Lonny Mag .. check it out! Hundreds of pages of design inspiration in a neat little online mag.

I love the use of the branches against the green backdrop. I think the stripes are a bit drab though... and the table is way too small for the chairs!


How amazing is this bed? Featured here, you might wake up one morning and decide you never want to see this color again.. but I love the base and size. Brown comforter = highly questionable though.


I love the subtle change in direction with the green tiles, it barely gets noticed yet creates great lines! This design compliments of Kelly Wearstler Designs.







Featured on Plush Palate, I just found the subtle bursts of color so attractive in this nursery. The striped ceiling, the green interior of the armoire, such a great idea to peek some color through. Playful, minimal, and incredibly childish - in a great way!



The birds are a little too life-like, the spider pillow a little odd, but the overall concept comes together quite nicely.



My current dining room table was a $40 find on craigslist, and looks exactly like this one. Last year I painted it black with this super-high gloss, including the chairs, and covered the chairs with a black, tan and white striped fabric from Ikea. I still love the table, but I'm so bored with it. I was thinking of alternating some white chairs in there.. or possibly painting the chairs red? I really like the look of black on black... seen on the chair below.






What a fun dining room! The elephant painting just brings this certain level of funk that takes the 80's print out of the chairs and ties it all together.



I just thought the fiberglass chairs were quite interesting... and for some reason I'm really drawn to the color of green with the brown table.

A miniature uncomfortable sofa brought to you by Anthropologie, I wish I could just buy this fabric. I love it! The couch looks like it needs to be seen and not heard ... looked at and not sat on!

2 comments:

  1. I love this green too! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s amazing to me how you have written so much information on this topic. You are knowledgeable in this area and are obviously an accomplished writer. I agree with your views and respect your talent.

    landing page design

    ReplyDelete